Why you should add a trusted contact to your account
A trusted contact is a person who we can contact in the event that we cannot reach you. We recommend adding a trusted contact to all your accounts.
When would we reach out to your trusted contact?
- To address possible fraud involving your account
- To confirm your mental or physical health status
- To confirm your contact information in the case we have trouble reaching you, such as if you have a health crisis or are traveling out of the country
What can your trusted contact do?
Your trusted contact may be asked to validate information about you or your accounts. It is important to note that a trusted contact cannot:
- Make trades in your account
- Make decisions about your account
- Receive access to your account
What are the requirements of a trusted contact?
A trusted contact must be 18 years of age or older. They may be a family member, significant other, attorney, close friend, or another third-party. You may establish more than one trusted contact on each account.
What info do we need to establish your trusted contact?
To establish a trusted contact, we will require the individual’s:
- Relationship to you
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mailing address
You may add a trusted contact to your Fidelity account by reaching out to your adviser or by downloading this form to complete and return to us, or reach out to us to complete via e-signature.